- Kalamazoo, MI
- Full-time | TO APPLY
The primary responsibility of our Field Service Technician is to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair a wide variety of Azon manufacturing equipment. Our Field Service Technician also provides quality assurance by visiting each customer location quarterly to inspect their procedures, provide machinery maintenance and ensure that established quality protocols are being followed and documented.
Our Field Service Technicians receive extensive hands-on training, from an established service manager, on the operation of all Azon equipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Install new machinery at customer facilities worldwide
- Maintain and troubleshoot all aspects of Azon machinery including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Train customer machine operators and technicians to setup, run, PM, and repair equipment
- Collect quality samples in accordance with Azon quality procedures during periodic customer visits
- Document all customer quality and service visits
- Communicate accurately and professionally with customers regarding all equipment and chemical related issues and questions
- Inform customers of Azon products and services that may improve their operating efficiency
- When in house, assist in the completion, commissioning, and testing of new equipment
- Maintain all required expense and travel reports
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Technical degree or 5 years machinery service experience preferred
- 2+ years of PLC programing (MicroLogix, CompactLogix, ControlLogix platforms)
- 4+ years preferred, motion, networking, and HMI experience preferred * Willing to travel 50-60% within the U.S. and Canada.
- International travel may be required 2-4 times a year. * Mechanical inspection and diagnostics experience
- Electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic maintenance and troubleshooting
- Quality and customer service focus
- Ability to read and understand schematics and blueprints
- Logical thinking, problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Perform work in a safety conscious manner
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
We offer competitive wages, and an excellent benefit package including family medical benefits, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability, 401(k) and ESOP.