Thermal barriers for framing: Aluminum is recognized as a highly conductive metal—second only to copper in terms of thermal conductivity. The conductive tendency of aluminum requires a process to negate the flow of energy through the metal.
- Thermal barrier technology (also known as thermal break) by Azon provides a solution that improves thermal performance while strengthening the structural and long-term durability of the fenestration unit.
- Guide to energy saving technology
- Designing for efficiency: Azon offers assistance to customers with the technical design of structural and energy-efficient fenestration systems by not only providing thermal simulation studies, but also a range of design functions.
Read more . . . AZO/Tec services
Core services for manufacturers of thermal barrier fenestration
- Technical field support: Azon field service representatives provide technical support for
customers during regularly scheduled plant visits to perform equipment quality audits.
- Testing and quality assurance : Azon employs quality control methods and testing procedures as outlined in the Azon Quality Assurance Guide.
- Testing protocols:
In-plant quality control test procedures ensure the polymer chemicals are
properly prepared. Quality testing on the polymer in plaque form and in extrusions
further validates the composite meets AAMA and ASTM specifications.
- Mechanical lock applicator programs
: The Azo-Brader™ and Lancer™ processing,
when combined with Azon E-quality Audit™ procedures and Azon structural thermal barrier polymer, carries a 10-year performance warranty.